Sunday, October 18, 2009

JOY!!!

Embedded below, the opening cinematic to "New Super Mario Bros. Wii." Not precisely the epic air-raid/nostalgia-fest that the "Mario Galaxy" prologue was, but cute all the same. Depicted on the pile of giant presents in the background are this installments round of power-ups, including the classic Fire-Flower, the re-designed incarnation of Galaxy's Ice-Flower, the Propeller-Helmet and, yes... that would be a Penguin Suit. However, the REAL bigsuperhappyfun confirmation comes at exactly 0:17...


I've been waiting since 2003 to be able to say this...

THE KOOPALINGS LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Ezenwa said...

SCORE!!!

This is definitely why I'm getting this game.

You think it will be one of those hard-to-find games, selling out all the time?

Dustin said...

That's just awesome. Even my wife is excited by this one. And that's saying something.

Euler d'Moogle said...

I want!
I want!
I want!
I want!

Watching that makes me feel 8 years old with Christmas around the corner. I'm only off by 30 years.

Tom said...

What happened in 2003?

MFXD said...

I almost said Superstar Saga, but I think the introduction of Bowser Jr. in Super Mario Sunshine happened in 2003.

Bob said...

2003 was "Superstar Saga," the last time the Koopalings were in an official Mario title (as opposed to just Bowser Jr., debuting the same year in "Sunshine."

DHos said...

I was wondering "Koopalings?"
Then, it became a jump off the seat for joy moment at 0:17.
Im going to have to go buy a Wii just for this game now.
Maybe the joys of SMB 3 and World will return with these guys (and gal) back.

sniffits said...

While I'm excited for this game (OMG KOOPALINGS) I was really hoping Nintendo wouldn't just throw two generic toads as the other two characters. C'mon guys! You could have at least used Daisy for a slot! Then you could have worked in a romantic subplot with her and Luigi and I should stop before I sound even creepier than I do currently.

Anyway, yea. Looking forward to this XD