Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Captain America uniform seen

Little late on this (long weekend,) but Mike Sampson at JoBlo scooped... well, the planet, as these things go... by posting a description (no photo) of Captain America's movie costume. Read his report, plus see some pretty accurate (according to Sampson) fan art mockups, HERE: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=32378

From Sampson's description, it sounds like they're using the "Ultimates" version of the WWII-era outfit ("present day" Ultimate Cap pretty-much looks like regular Cap) i.e. the "cap-colored" fatigues, but with the "Reborn"-style helmet/mask. Sounds manageable. Given this, I'd posit a 70-80% chance he'll wind up wearing a more "familiar" outfit in "Avengers."

What I'd like to know is if he'll also have "Ultimate Cap's" triangle-shield the whole time, or the round one. (In "Ultimates" he doesn't get the round one until unfreezing.)

8 comments:

Trip said...

I'm still not sure how I feel about Chris Evans being cast as Captain America. I've never seen him play anything but an arrogant show-off, so I can't really picture him in this type of role. Granted, I don't know that much about Captain America and Marvel Studios didn't let us down with Spider-Man or Iron Man... Time will tell, I guess.

Drunken Lemur said...

Oh, I do so hope he has the Triangle shield. When did he get the round one in the comics? But,I'm gonna side with trip on this. I still don't forgive him for the Fantastic Four. But aside from that, I have confidence in this movie.

Bob said...

So far as I remember, he only had the triangular shield for an issue or two before they changed it.

Anonymous said...

According to Wikipedia, Cap only had the Triangular Shield for his debut issue. Marvel changed it to the well recognized circular shield after complaints from a rival comic book publisher that the Triangular Shield bore too strong a resemblance to one of their own stable of Super Heroes, aptly named The Shield.

Steven said...

didn't tony use the round shield as a shim?

Anonymous said...

The suit seems to have a very G. I. Joe-y feel to it. I can see that working, definitely.

And as far as Chris Evans, his Casey Jones made up for the FF. So I'm hopeful.

Bryce said...

You guys realize the real Cap also had the triangular shield in the 40s, right?

Anonymous said...

see Chris Evans in "Sunshine." that was him showing responsibility as a leader, rather then an arrogant show-off. slightly ironic that, in "Sunshine",
[SPOILER] his character freezes to death [/SPOILER]