Sunday, June 13, 2010

Escape to the Movies: "The A-Team"

...Which, for some reason, I neglected to post (here, anyway) on Friday:

"Intermission" is this week titled, "Don't Film There Games!"


Bimmy said...

I'm kind of surprised you didn't include Metal Gear Solid in your list, Bob. Remove the interactivity from the games and the stories becomes a laughably dumbtastic action movie. I really, really would like to hear your opinion on this.

Oh, and awesome work as usual.

bobbzman said...

Re: The Intermission Column

I agree that a Halo movie would be just a Starship Troopers knock-off, but I'd still like to see it happening for 3 reasons:
1) The cello music in Halo is awesome and could be adapted into a film score that might be better than the rest of the movie.
2) There is at least one interesting character: Cortana.
3) It will make so much money that it might actually get studios interested in taking video game movies seriously. Yeah, I know Prince of Persia is doing alright, but it pretty much had to be saved by the foreign market.