Sunday, July 25, 2010

"Avengers" at Comic-Con

So... Marvel Films got the entire "hero cast" of The Avengers up onstage at Comic-Con. Everyone was expecting it, but it's still pretty incredible that this is actually happening.

Also incredible yet wholly expected: Mark Ruffalo is the new Hulk, Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye, and Joss Whedon is directing.

There were also teaser trailers and rough scenes shown for "Thor" and "Captain America," and from Slashfilm I find some details from a "Cap" scene they showed revealing A.) one of the ways Cap will tie in with certain other Avengers characters (what sort of mythology was it Nazis were obsessed with, again? Heh.) and B.) which HUGE piece of the Marvel arcana is playing a previously-unmentioned part... and my mind is now BLOWN!

10 comments:

Drunken Lemur said...

Damn. Captain Mal won't be playing Antman from what I heard. That sucks.

Euler d'Moogle said...

So let's see, there are three super hero movies on the horizon, Capt. A, Thor, Avengers, and they all look to be really good.

....

Did the universe break down and kill us all and we just never noticed?

Nicholas said...

The thing I'm liking right off the bat is the dueling screen presence coming from the big three, RDJ Evens & Hemsworth. Looking over the cast picture a sense of excitement comes to my being. I can't exactly put my finger on things just yet. It's in the small details. RDJ is being exuberant and cocky, Hemsworth is a head taller then everyone else. And Evens is placed nearly evenly between the cast. Nothing I would consider actual data of any kind, but a good feeling comes out of it for me.

akkuma420 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
akkuma420 said...

WORLD WAR Z! Finally.

Mark Ruffalo.... I dunnnnnno

untra said...

I'm a little surprised Mr. Bob didn't mention anything about the Tron panel...

Silent Jay said...

The caption under this picture should say "We're going to make a M@## F!#$ boat load of money on the first weekend,sorry Ed".

Pronoun said...

Does anyone have a link to the teaser trailer. The ones I have found look like dubious fan-works.

Nick said...

Can I just say something Bob? I'd like to point you and all the fine readers of this:

http://www.pajiba.com/think_pieces/comiccon-jon-stewart-and-how-film-bloggers-became-part-of-the-marketing-strategy-film-criticism-isnt-dying-its-just-bullsht-now.php

Agree or disagree?

Mike Ralls said...

This seems appropriate in regards to the Avengers film;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyPh8aIdR-4