Tuesday, July 06, 2010

SGC 2010

Here's a question I never would've imagined I'd have an answer to: What does it feel like to have beautiful women dressed up like anime/video-game characters asking YOU for a photo and autograph?

Answer: It feels pretty fucking awesome.

Honestly, easily one of the top ten weekends of my life. Meeting fans from as far away as England and Portugal, signing autographs, doing a panel with Spoony, GPX and the Life & Level guys, hosting my own Q&A panel, watching it get fuller with time and being applauded for broad references to "Babylon 5", being invited up onstage with the ACTUAL ScrewAttack crew, improvising a "debate" with The Game Underthinker, meeting Keith Apicary, Brentalfloss, The Angry Nerd and the whole crew in the flesh, being treated like a goddamn rock star - or, at least, moderately-noteworthy musician - for posting jokey videos on the internet... EPIC. There's just no other word for it.

More in-depth type stuff to come but, for now... wow, just wow.

11 comments:

Famf said...

I was at your panel at SGC, it was personally my favorite part of SGC.

Anonymous said...

cool story bro!

Anonymous said...

wish I could have gone, had to work. My girlfriend was awesome enough to get me your john handcock. She was the one running around as Cammy:)

Trip said...

Through the power of the internets, mild-mannered Bob Chipman becomes... The Game OverThinker!

Seriously, though, meeting you would've been cool. Maybe next time, eh?

BFG said...

So are there videos of the panels or anything?

Anonymous said...

Spoony! Kick ass.

Gplex said...

You are a force to be reckoned with and the time has come for you to join the Internet elite. With these great people, you sir, belong.

Kyle said...

Looking forward to the in-depth type stuff.

Glad you had a good time.

Bobby said...

If you plz, post some of those pictures.

Anonymous said...

Panel with The Spoony One?! You lucky bastard.

Eagerly awaiting more info.

Smashmatt202 said...

Man, I wish I could have been there to meet you in person.