Friday, October 22, 2010

Escape to the Movies: "Paranormal Activity 2"

"Intermission" is about infamous script-changes.


akkuma420 said...

I knew if anyone was gonna see this non-sense for what it was, it would be you Bob.
You pretty much took the words right out of my mouth on this one, just said it alot better than I would have.... lol.
This is exactly what I have been trying to tell people that enjoyed part 1 and "couldn't wait to see" part 2.
Thanks for doing this review, now I can point people to your site and say "this is what I'm trying to say"

tyra menendez said...

Intermission, Superman:

Words fail me, as to how bad that idea was. Can I consider that proof that JJ Abrams is nothing more than a trendy hack? Is it good evidence?
When will people learn? The big characters, that everyone knows and remembers, are the ones you don't fuck with. You don't go fucking around with the origin story and powers of, say Athena, Thor, or Jesus, you don't do it with Superman or Batman, either. And yes, I include Jesus because the origin story most people think they know, isn't very Biblical accurate, but that's another story.
Anyway, yeah, that was some horrid shit, and I though a Nick Cage Superman would have been bad.

Old Silt said...

once again my instincts about a film have been validated 100%. This beer's for you Bob. As much as I enjoyed Paranormal Activity 1 (despite Hollywood's shitty re-do ending) I dreaded the sequel that I knew would be made. Now I just hope they don't make anymore.

Reptilia said...

Please Review : Let Me In / Let The Right One In

RestamSalucard said...

When reading the original idea for Terminator: Salvation, I couldn't help but think of Spoony's Fanfic idea: "I AM JOHN CONNOR AND SO IS MY WIFE"

Anubis Soundwave said...

@ Restam: Nor could I.

Article is "Some Computers Will Believe Anything".


I'd check out all of his Reasons I Shouldn't Write Screenplays bits--it's too bad he didn't continue this.(The Manos one has the makings of a decent B-movie.)

SaLaDiN_5 said...

Yeah this kind of movie is the top seller for "weak" women and everyone knows and understand their place in the world by spreding the what they want to hear in form of rumors is called selling ideas...movies and I know that is out of the subject but check this NOW
master bob:

beyrob said...

Yeah I agree with you for the most part. Though I think the dog was magnificent and the best part of the movie, they need to give that dog an oscar...or at least a hilariously oversized milk bone.