Friday, December 10, 2010

THOR. Trailer. Watch.

It's mostly the footage from Comic-Con with the more spoilery stuff taken out and VASTLY improved FX and color-correction, but I'm definitely feelin' it:

The absolute best thing of it, as far as I'm concerned, is that Mjolnir (the hammer) comes off both very plausible and very badass as a weapon - it can't be easy to make what's basically a "boomerang hammer" work in live-action, but Brannagh etc seem to be pulling it off. I'm psyched to see how it plays to a theater.

Well played, Marvel. Now bring on Cap!


Smashmatt202 said...

So freaking awesome.

Drunken Lemur said...

Those weren't supposed to be the Frost Giants, right? Those were trolls, right? Please tell me those weren't the Frost Giants.

Reverend Allan Ironside said...


akkuma420 said...

3D strikes again....uggghh. (sigh)

This definitely looks better than the leaked trailer a few months back.
I still don't know though.
I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
I'm still gonna be seeing it opening night regardless though.

Arturo said...

............................Sorry, I was just geeking out a few seconds ago.
My impressions: DAMN

Adam said...

Natalie Portman?

I'm sold!

Reverend Allan Ironside said...

Crom, I have never prayed to you before – I have no tongue for it.
No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad, Why we fought or why we died.
No, all that matters is that the only version of Thor in my area may be the vomit-inducing 3D version and not the pleaseing to mine eyes 2D version.

That's what's important.
2D pleases you, Crom, so grant me one request – Grant me 2D!!
And if you do not listen, then the Hell with You!

tyra menendez said...

OK, I'm sold.
Also, I would like to add: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." That answers that question of melding Norse gods with the same universe as Iron Man and Hulk.

KevinCV said...

*low whistle* I gotta be honest. Even though I'm a big fan of his, I was totally skeptical when Kenneth Branagh was announced to direct this movie. After seeing this, I'm feeling tempted to find any Thor comics I can get my hands on to read up on it before the movie comes out. It also convinced me that Mr. Branagh is gonna deliver something awesome. :)

Nick said...

"This video is no longer available."

vlademir1 said...

OK, I'm sold.

That trailer makes it look like it'll be a solid, if not fanboy great, movie.

Samuel James Newsome said...

Dav3 said...

I got the "not available" message too.

Good thing about the internet though, if one thing goes away, 50 more take it's place!

As for the movie, hey Bob, I think I'm starting to get that "this is happening" vibe you've been talking about.

I'm starting to get goosebumps imagining a movie that features this guy AND Iron Man AND Hulk (and Cap of course, but I haven't seen him yet)

This is going to get really exciting in the next 12 months.

Kyle said...

Never was much of a comic book guy. I do not know Thor.

But I do want to see this movie.

Mykalwane said...

Did it bother anyone else that Thor said Earth rather then Midgard?

Sophie said...

I am sold.

Benfea said...

OK, I wasn't at all interested in this movie because I never cared for the comic book.

But now I've heard that white supremacist groups are boycotting the movie because one of the Norse gods is being played by an African-descended actor.

Now I have to go see it. :D