Friday, March 11, 2011

PAX schedule stuff PLUS "big" announcement

Okay folks, things have been and will be "sparse-ish" in the daytime 'round here for the weekend, as I'll be at PAX East for most of it. I'll probably turn up at the con itself around 4pm or so tommorow (got some business first) and be around for most of the evening after that... Saturday and Sunday? We'll see what happens, but I'm planning to be at as much as possible.

So... since I can't really blog from the con; I've gone and done the unthinkable... and signed up for Twitter. Yes, I'll be tweeting from PAX - follow me @the_moviebob. Let me know in the comments if that hyperlink works or not - Twitter's urls are weird, and I don't know if it "takes" like that. If it doesn't, just look up "the_moviebob" on Twitter itself - the other ones just called "moviebob" AREN'T me.


Danny said...

Warning - twitter, while seemingly pointless and redundant from the perspective of outsiders, can become very addictive. BTW the link works fine for me.

argryliberal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Q said...

Twitter is a writer's social networking site. Please don't judge it by the lowest denominator.

Don't believe me, look up Patton Oswalt's, Roger Ebert's, Kevin Smith's and the TGWTG tweets. Go ahead if your fingers don't burn typing in the address.

Chris Cesarano said...

I pretty much use Twitter to keep up with gaming news and links anyway (at least, I did before I got a job), and I also use it to announce when I've posted a new blog entry myself.

It's useful enough, really, but it's only REALLY good in that regard if enough people already "follow" you to begin with. It's in no way a good way to get your name out there.

In which case, you have nothing to worry about. I'll be following you once I'm done work today.

KevinCV said...

The link works fine with me, Bob ol' buddy. Looks like Chris from "Armchair Thinkers" has followed you already. :) But anyway, I mostly use use Twitter to find out the latest Doctor Who news (new season starts on April 23rd! WOOOT!) and ask questions to famous people whose chances I have of meeting is pretty much a snowball's chance in hell.

Just the other day I started following George Takei, Mr. Sulu himself. Within a few minutes, he sent me a direct message, personally thanking me for following him. It goes to show you that there are some genuinely nice people in the world of celebrities and geek icons. :)